iMac mouse

Noldi 06:21 28 Jul 2010

I have decided on my next computer to be a iMac, The only negative comment I have heard is the wireless mouse, the battery life is very short and I should have a USB mouse. Anybody give me any feedback on this.

Noldi

john 52 09:32 28 Jul 2010

Apple have now launched the refreshed imac range !!they have also launched a track pad as a accessory

click here

click here

click here

regarding the magic mouse to be honest it not something that I have read about and most people have nothing but praise for it

john 52 10:01 28 Jul 2010

I should have added there is a expected update to
ilife shortly so it may be worth waiting or finding out if you purchase a imac if you will get the updated software free when released if your purchase has the older ilife version

john 52 10:04 28 Jul 2010

Sorry FE should have added these links as well but did not see them until after I had posted

click here

click here

Noldi 11:34 28 Jul 2010

One of the reasons I chose a iMac was that my son just got the 27" all singing all dancing for his business, I liked it (but not the price) I went in the Electrical store yesterday and was quite impressed with the 21.5” Duo, does all I want and wont clutter up my desk at home even better than my current lap top. I was a bit annoyed with the sales guy telling me that MS office and iWork was similar price so not worth getting iWork, lucky I know the truth. So will probable drive a bit further to the Apple store to get honest info about these upgrades etc.

My neighbor who is a bit of a computer repairer guy said that the batteries don’t last long in the mouse. I didn’t want to buy a nice wireless setup to keep my desk tidy then find I have to get a USB mouse with a cable. The trackpad looks nice will be enquiring about that.

Thanks for the links

Noldi

john 52 14:31 28 Jul 2010

if you buy from John lewis you will get a 2 year warranty as standard .
The apple care is recommended if you do not buy from John Lewis as it extends the warranty to 3 years .
Had you thought of purchasing One to One it costs about £79 for the year and if changing from pc to Mac may be of interest !! but as your son owns a imac may not

click here

click here

Noldi 15:44 28 Jul 2010

John Lewis is not an option for me I’m afraid, I’m not UK based. I thought the set up time for a new computer was quite quick with iMac and thought it didn’t need a lot of looking in the instruction manual so the one to one I will leave. I will look to see how long the standard warranty is and then make a decision.

Noldi

Noels 16:05 28 Jul 2010

I have had an iMac for seven or eight months. I switch it on about 0700 and off about 2200 the same applies to the wireless keyboard and mouse. I have not had to replace the batteries in the keyboard but I have replaced them in the mouse three times so I would guess they last about 3 months.
As a retired old wrinkley I spend all my spare time on my computer probably 4-5hrs per day which I think is fairly heavy use. I always switch off the mouse and keyboard when I switch off the computer.
Hope this helps
Regards
Noels

interzone55 17:14 28 Jul 2010

I think Apple have tacitly admitted that the mighty mouse is a bit power hungry, as they've just launched a battery charger
click here and scroll down a bit...

Noldi 18:49 28 Jul 2010

Your experience reflects what I have heard. new batteries every 3 months I think I can put up with that. But hopefully being at work all day mine may last longer.

Noldi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?