i Mac / Word question

Noels 15:46 20 Dec 2007

My wife is on the committee of our local group of churches. The new secretary who admits to being computer illiterate has just bought himself an i Mac to send by e-mail the committee minutes to members with ordinary PCs. The problem is that no one can open them as they arrive in a CD Video format.
Question. Should he be able to send e mailed minutes that we can all open? I don't know what OS he is using.
Any helpful suggestions that I can tactfully put to him would be welcome.
Regards
Noels

Noels 18:11 20 Dec 2007

Question can you create a Word type document on a Mac computer and send it to an ordinary PC.If so what Mac programme do you use.
Please see my thread above.
Regards
Noels

VoG II 20:35 20 Dec 2007

I thought I would reply before you drop of the bottom of the board.

I've certainly received Word documents from a MAC and opened them no problem. Graphics are another issue.

I think that you need to check how he is sending them. Also, if he is using Office 2007 and you aren't then you will need a converter click here

Quiller. 21:51 20 Dec 2007

For the video file, download and run either M player or VLC. Just google them.

If word isn't opening them.

For moving word files, try and get the mac to run open office, a free version and save the doc's in a doc format. The you install open office.

Noels 22:01 20 Dec 2007

VoG and quiller.
I will look at both suggestions.
I'm not familliar with Mac machines and their O.S.s but I have an American Graphics designer friend who uses Macs every day for work and e-mails me frequently so have already asked him the same question. As yet have not had a reply. I feel there must be an easy answer.
Regards
Noels

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?