HDD problems on my MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012

derkrrr 19:44 01 Oct 2017

My MacBook Pro started getting incredibly slow a while back, many tiny processes like opening Mail required a lot of CPU power and took for ever. Until later , a few days ago, it wouldn't startup anymore. It just couldn't get past some error with "disk0s2" or something of that nature.

After a few hours, a timemachine backup and completely new software the Pro would start again. Only all other problems I'd been having before the new software etc. remained the same. So I did a EtreCheck. everything was fine but the HDD, it sayd: "Macintosh HD (disk0s2 - Journaled HFS+) / [startup]: 499.25 GB (177.28 GB free) - 180 errors Drive failure!".

After this I ran all verifications and maintainence procedures of OnyX and actually got a great result. EtreCheck now stated: "Macintosh HD (disk0s2 - Journaled HFS+) / [startup]: 499.25 GB (177.28 GB free) - 27 errors Drive failure!". My MacBook Pro had much less issues than before though I'm not really satisfied.

So I was hoping you could help me out with this issue. I'm buying a new MacBook Pro in 3 months so I'm now willing to invest over €70,- and rather non at all of course. Below is a short discription of my MacBook Pro's hardware just in case.

MacBook Pro 13-inch, Mid 2012 2,5 Ghz Intel Core i5 8 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3 Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB OS X 10.9.5 (ohh and should I upgrade to OS X Sierra? or keep playing it safe untill I get my new MacBook)

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?