Has anyone tried out Mac's Safari Browser?

katkins 19:49 17 Mar 2008

It's a bare bones slimline browser which claims to be 1.6 something or other faster than Firefox. I am typing from it now. I must say, you can see more of your web pages because it is so slimline in depth.

The basic operations are very compact and add-ons are sparse on the ground, to say the least, but it seems it's designed to be a no-frills type of browser which is certainly quite nifty, speed wise.

I found going back and forward a peculiar exercise in comparison with IE and Firefox, in that a window pops up when you've reached your last open page right before your e-mail box or homepage, asking whether you still want to proceed. It's no problem though as you still arrive back at your desired page anyway. However, I find using the history button to return to a particular page is just as convenient.

The Bookmarking procedure is similar to both IE and Firefox and so is the dowload manager operation. The tabs are not raised off the toolbar like the more contemporary browsers. Again, it's not a problem except perhaps for people who love aesthetically pleasing gizmos.

A rather economic tool which some will like and others won't. I quite like it so will keep in on my machine for a while yet.

skidzy 20:00 17 Mar 2008

Please do not post mutiple threads click here
close this one by ticking resolved and keep to the other.

katkins 15:39 23 Mar 2008

Skidzy

My apologies with regards to this annoying problem.

As I said on another thread, I constantly get logged off while I am typing even though the box is telling me I am logged on so when I click 'send', my post seems to go into cyberspace. I then have to log back on again and resend which can sometimes result in the 2nd attempt going into cyberspace also. By the time I have managed a successful logon, I sometimes find the post has doubled up.

Where this happens, perhaps our forum manager could remove surplus posts since it's not possible for a member himself/herself to do so like it is on some forums.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?