A Half Decent Guide For the iPad Pro?

morddwyd 08:45 31 Jul 2017
Answered

This should perhaps be in the Helproom but you guys know my intellectual capabilities, or the lack of them, better!

I've finally taken the plunge and got an iPad. Some of you may recall that I've tried one before, but couldn't get to grips with it, but with my vision problems I like the big screen of the latest iPad Pro so I really want to give it a go (or my son gets a very nice Christmas present!).

However, I'm floundering a bit and the official user guide is not the best I've come across!

Anyone recommend a decent idiot's guide from actual hands on experience? Don't mind paying, of course, for the right product.

wee eddie 11:42 31 Jul 2017

I'm no iPad Expert but in my experience YouTube is usually full of little snippets that might help you on your way. OK, not set out as an instruction manual but could be helpful

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:05 31 Jul 2017

you need a manual for the op system IOS9?

bremner 12:11 31 Jul 2017

I would think it would be iOS 10 apple support guide

morddwyd 20:32 31 Jul 2017

Thanks for the responses.

Obviously I have the official manual, but as I said, it is not the best.

There are plenty of third party manuals available, but I was looking for a personal recommendation based on actual hands on experience.

Forum Editor 22:38 31 Jul 2017

Why don't you just post a thread in the Apple forum? Ask questions, and people will answer them.

morddwyd 09:19 01 Aug 2017

I gave my reasons for posting here, but I will do as you suggest.

Forum Editor 09:21 01 Aug 2017

We're the same people, whether we're responding here or in the Apple forum.

morddwyd 08:01 02 Aug 2017

Then there would appear to be little advantage in re-posting there.

Govan1x 13:00 02 Aug 2017

Like the reply morddwyd.

Have to agree with you about Guides. I have a hard problem working from manuals as they all seem to be written in a different language that I am used to.

iscanut 13:17 02 Aug 2017

I have a good guide published by U3A called I Pad for the older and wiser,it is for the normal I Pad but I am sure it would be OK for the newer model.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017