finding specification of machine

eccomputers 19:34 21 Feb 2003

I've just downloaded a utility to try called Belarc advisor hoping it would make my life easier at establishing a machines specifications when making proposals for companies systems. However, when I ran this product on my pc it said my bus was clocking at 100mhz when in fact it is clocking at 400mhz. It also correctly says I have 4 slots of memory in use each of 256mb. It unfortunately doesnt say what type of memory it is or what speed the memory is. Does anyone know of a good product that I can use ?

Many thanks

BrianW 19:38 21 Feb 2003

Have a look at AIDA-32, I have changed over from Belarc on the advice of others on this site. Just type AIDA32 in the search window.

eccomputers 20:04 21 Feb 2003

thanks, I'll download it and give it a bash...

Stuartli 20:11 21 Feb 2003

Why not just go to Windows System Information section through Programs>System Tools - everything that is on your computer, from hardware to software, drivers etc is listed in absolute detail?

eccomputers 20:21 21 Feb 2003

Is all the required info in 98?
This aida is excellent, it is spot on for my system too, down to memory bus speed etc.

eccomputers 20:24 21 Feb 2003

Just looked at system info and it tells me how much memory I have but not the speed of it. Aida even tells you how many pci slots are on the motherboard and how many are free. This is a great tool for engineers, you dont have to open a machine to find out any info.

dogtrack 10:52 22 Feb 2003

Try this one, its free. click here you want the PCWizard

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?