Feeling very cheated by my Apple ipod

KAZI 10:21 21 Feb 2005

I recently purchased an Apple ipod 20GB and was very pleased with it until I had to reset it due to a download that caused problems with it. Tried various means to reslove problem but in the end had to reset it - this solved the problem but I have lost all my 'free' weekly tunes plus most of my purchased music - Apple policy is you can only download song once - anyone know of way to retrieve lost music via computer?

dogbreath1 10:30 21 Feb 2005

I've got a Creative Xen 30 GB machine which has crashed on a couple of occasions and I've had to disconnect the battery to unfreeze it. This presumably is similar to the reset function. But I didn't lose any music files at all. Are you sure that the disc has been wiped? I suspect that it hasn't. I also have a complete backup of all of my Xen music files on my p.c. just in case and they transfer from p.c. to Xen at an average rate of one track per few seconds. Although I am not familiar with the ipod, I would expect that facility to be available through Apples own software. And if it is similar to the Xen then your p.c. should be able to 'see' whats currently on your ipod's drive.

GibsonSt19 11:14 21 Feb 2005

Are you purchased and free tracks not in iTunes? I know that if I were to reset my iPod to factory settings, I'd be able to synch it and all would be resstored.

KAZI 16:32 21 Feb 2005

Unfortunately I had trouble with my ipod less than a month after getting it - I phoned Apple for support(which was not impressed with) and they advised me to completely uninstall itunes and anything else relating to my ipod before resetting it and reinstalling itunes!
I made sure everything was uninstalled thinking that I would be able to redownload my purchased tunes (like you can with Real Arcade games). In hindsight I realise that I should have backed everything up. I have searched everywhere on my computer with no luck so far! Thanks anyway

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 16:53 21 Feb 2005

Youve probly bean conned by apple from the day you bought the bloody thing.£200+ for something that plays just music is CON!

Looks like support has conned you aswell telling you to erase everything without backing up all your mp3's.

They know full well that it would delete the tracks if it was in the /program files/itunes ect.

They probly think you are now going to buy the tracks all over again.

Hopefully the forum members can sort it for you?

I wish you all the luck

Ben.

Rogerfredo 18:26 21 Feb 2005

dogbreath1
Have you not tried the reset hole on your Zen?
I have had to resort to this once but have not had to disconnect the battery.

dogbreath1 18:32 21 Feb 2005

OzzyOs. Thanks for that. Twas on holiday at the time and probably didn't have anything thin enough. I'll take a paperclip next time I go!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?