External Hard drive doesn't show up on Mac anymore

jms151 23:51 19 Aug 2017

I have a samsung external hard drive that I use with my Mac. The last time I remember it working was when I was backing up some photos but it was taking days and the hard drive got accidentally knocked out of my mac.

It's not in disk utility or anywhere that I can see so I can't use first aid or anthing. Any advice on how to get the pictures that weren't backed up?

wee eddie 19:25 20 Aug 2017

I thought that I had replied to this.

Normally, if you disconnect a Hard Drive while it is writing, you can expect the Reading Heads to crash, which is likely to destroy the disk.

It is sometimes possible to recover the data by taking it apart in a dust free area but it requires special equipment and is not cheap

wee eddie 19:06 23 Aug 2017

Breenda is a Spammer. FE told

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?