Excel, macros and visual basic !!!

johnem 20:42 31 Jan 2005

Hi gang, back with a request for some help. I am trying to create an index for a small excel stocklist. I have created the index and would like to create, if possible, a means when looking at the index that I can click on an adjacent cell. The resultant built in macro would then redirect the highlighted cell to be within an area higher or lower in the spread sheet. ie if I click on cell D34, which is visible, I would like to be redirected or the cell D2 to be highlighted, as if the mouse had been pointed at it.
I'm not sure if that makes any sense or not, but look forward to your suggestions. By the way, this will on a machine running Office 97, incase that might make a difference.

VoG II 21:04 31 Jan 2005

You don't need a macro to do this. Insert/Hyperlink, Click Place in this document, click the name of the sheet, type the cell reference e.g A1.

johnem 21:29 31 Jan 2005

Thanks VoG™, thats brilliant. Thank you very much.I shall be using that. When I had attempted to make a macro, it seemed to work and then I tried to get clever and create a keyboard shortcut, as I thought that might help. Unfortunately I choose ctrl+u which seemed to work the first time and then promptly froze the excel file. Once I had recovered from this, the file and all of the data had gone without a trace. Should have made a copy first before playing/trying to be too clever. Ho-hum, have recreated most of the data and a backup for safety now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?