Excel macro warning

Simsy 17:28 09 Jul 2006

Folks,

I'm reworking an old Excel macro...

I'm familiar with the "do you want to run macros" warning dialogue, but I've just had a strange one...

The warning message was not in the format that I usually see.

I've put images of both warnings here click here

Can anyone explain what makes one message appear rather than the other? I'ts not a problem, I'm just curious.

Thanks in anticipation,

Regards,

Simsy

TonyV 17:40 09 Jul 2006

I suspect that the second message you show is when you are dealing with an "imported" spreadsheet.

TonyV

Simsy 22:36 09 Jul 2006

It's one that I constructed and worked on myself.

But thanks,

Regards,

Simsy

Taff™ 23:36 09 Jul 2006

Tend to agree with TonyV. I recognise both but the second one usually appears when I`m mail merging from an Excel database or when I`ve linked two Excel files together and I open one of them. Nothing to worry abut in either instance if you created them yourself or they`re from a trusted source.

Simsy 08:52 10 Jul 2006

There's something odd. The file that was giving the "unusual" message now isn't. That's despite the fact that I've closed it without changing it.

(I was only opening it to copy some code from it!)

It's still showing, correctly, it's last changed date as in 2003.

I'm not worried about it... but I'm still curious as to what the circumstamces are that should produce the different message. I'll leaveticking for a few says.

Regards,

Simsy

VoG II 10:54 10 Jul 2006

To be honest I haven't a clue but note that Excel saves information even when you don't click here

Simsy 16:50 10 Jul 2006

that walkenbach thing before... though I confess I had forgotten about it.

Maybe that explains why it's reverted to the "normal" message.

Thanks VoG™

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?