Excel Macro- Can I get step-by-step help

Proftb 16:31 09 Jul 2004

I need to Format, Cut & Paste then mail-merge an imported document using excel 2003. I have to do this twice per month to get mailing out. HELP
pROFTB

VoG II 16:46 09 Jul 2004

Need a lot more detail than that, I'm afraid.

What code do you have so far?

VoG II 17:02 09 Jul 2004

via e-mail

I have one grey cell, if you can tell me what info is required then I will endeavour to get it for you. thanks for the reply. Proftb

================================

Please respond using the box at the bottom of this page. E-mail is for private correspondence.

The sort of information needed is basically the structure of the worksheet(s) and what you want to do with the data.

Have you written any code already?

Have you tried recording a macro? That would be easier than coding from scratch.

To record a macro:

To display the Visual Basic toolbar, point to Toolbars on the View menu in your application window, and then click Visual Basic if it isn't already selected.

On the Visual Basic toolbar, click the Record Macro button.

In the Record Macro dialog box, replace the default macro name in the Macro name box if you want, and click OK.

Perform the actions for which you want to generate Visual Basic code.

On the Stop Recording toolbar, click the Stop Recording button.

Your macro has been recorded.

To run the macro, Tools/Macro/Macros, click on the name of the macro then click the Run button.

To look at the macro code, point to Macro on the Tools menu, and then click Macros. In the Macros dialog box, select the appropriate macro name, and then click Edit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?