Excel Macro

shellship 17:42 21 Sep 2006

Some time ago I created a simple macro in an Excel workbook. It was not very satisfactory so I deleted it. However, when I open this workbook it still comes up with the message that the workbook contains macros and do I want to enable or disable etc. If I go to Tools/Macros no macro is shown. How do I get rid of the message please.

VoG II 18:30 21 Sep 2006

Is the module still there? ALT+F11 to open the visual Basic Editor, click on Modules in the left hand pane (if there) then File > Remove Module.

shellship 22:09 21 Sep 2006

Thanks but no thanks. When doing Alt F11 all I have is macros from Click Book (programme I use to print booklets from Word). No reference to modules in no left hand plane.

VoG II 22:20 21 Sep 2006

Then insert a worksheet, move all of the other worksheets to a new worksheet.

VoG II 22:21 21 Sep 2006

Then insert a worksheet, move all of the other worksheets to a new workBOOK.

silverous 08:38 22 Sep 2006

Following what Vog initially sugested, try clicking on all the Sheets & "ThisWorkbook" (in the left pane) as well after doing ALT-F11 - the macro might not be in a module but in one of the sheets or the workbook area?

silverous 08:39 22 Sep 2006

Sorry - that should be "double clicking" on each of those items and check for any code. Single click won't show them.

shellship 09:17 22 Sep 2006

Thanks. When VoG suggests moving all worksheets other than the newly inserted one to a new workbook does he mean copy, if so, won't the hiding macro go with the copy?

VoG II 09:42 22 Sep 2006

No it won't - well it shouldn't unless this is a worksheet code module created by right clicking a sheet tab, selecting View Code and inserting a macro.

skeletal 10:45 22 Sep 2006

This rings a bell from ages ago! IIRC, once you have created a macro Excel "remembers" the creation; it is this memory that triggers the message. Deleting the macro won't delete the "memory" of its creation so you still get the message.

Copying over the worksheet to a new workbook as VoG suggests should solve the problem because the new workbook won't have the "memory".

Skeletal

shellship 11:55 22 Sep 2006

You are the greatest! Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?