Error 26 when upgrading my iPhone 6s

Yadders04 21:36 05 May 2017

My iPhone 6s crashed and wouldn't reboot. I tried upgrading it in iTunes but it threw up error 26 and asked me to restore the phone. I have photos which have not been backed up to either iTunes or iCloud which I want to keep. I want to know if there is any way I can save these photos and if so how? Do I restore to factory settings and then use Dr fone or some other software to get the data back, or is there some way I can bypass the phone operating system and read/copy the data from the phone before doing a restore? Any advice much appreciated.

oldfrankie 15:42 03 Aug 2017

Error 26 means that you might have a hardware issue. There are several ways that might help you out, such hard reset, refresh or upgrade iTunes, check out USB cable, use FORecovery iOS System Recovery and so on. Maybe you can find more introduction in the how to fix error during upgrading iPhone 6s article.

If you want to backup your photos before resetting, you can try to connect your iPhone via a USB cable. After detecting, just shut down iTunes and open "this computer" folder and import your photos to your computer. But this method might need to select trust on your iPhone. Anyway, just take a try.

1]: [click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

Political cartoons in 2017: Chris Riddell, Rebecca Hendin and Dave Brown on what it’s like to…

The best iPhone for 2017

Tennis : comment regarder la finale de la Coupe Davis 2017 ?