emachine 5250 no signal . Help!

Simona92 20:59 20 Sep 2008

Hi.
I have Emachine5250 for 3.5 years now and it doesnt work anymore. When i switch it on i can see the 'emachine' button ligh up and i can hear the fans running. Also I can hear a beep sometimes. The monitor says 'No Signal' and then goes blank. Theres nothing before or after it. Could It Be Anything to do with the inside of it or software? Help would be really apreciated!
Thank you

woodchip 21:45 20 Sep 2008

I would say Hardware problem, but I could be wrong.

The PSU could be on the way out, as you say you get a beep but then it shuts down. This sounds like when it starts loading Hardware

Simona92 21:58 20 Sep 2008

OK. By the way the computer doesnt shut down. It just stays on but theres nothing on the screen. I tried several monitors in case its a monitor problem but they all say the same.

chub_tor 22:19 20 Sep 2008

If I have identified your machine correctly:

emachines 5250

CPU: Intel® Pentium® 4 515 Prescott (2.93 Ghz)
Memory: 1GB DDR RAM
MotherBoard: Intel® D915GAGL-G1 "Augsburg"
HD: 160 GB Western Digital® Caviar® WD1600BB-00HTA0
CD/DVD Drive: Lite-On SOHW-1633S DVD±RW DoubleLayer Drive
Video / Graphics Card: Intel® 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
Sound Card: Integrated Realtek High Definition Audio (5.1)

Then you have your graphics integrated onto the motherboard but unfortunately there seems to be some confusion as to which (if any) expansion slots that you have for fitting a separate card. Some forums say PCI-e,some AGP and some PCI only. Usually PCI-e slots are Blue, AGP are brown and PCI are white, you will need to open the case to find out which type you need and then beg, borrow, buy or steal one to try it out and see if that is your problem.

woodchip 00:03 21 Sep 2008

If it will not shut down when you hold the start button in, then the motherboard as had it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?