e machine banner appears on boot up

wobblymike 19:19 22 Oct 2004

I have a e tower which I have just finished flattening and reinstalling a new OS on, immediately after POST, it dispalys a full screen e machine banner which is covering the RAM count, floppy and hard drive check - how can I get rid of this banner? I have tried hitting escape and space to no avail - anyone any ideas

Rgds

Mike

Graham ® 19:31 22 Oct 2004

Maybe you flattened it too much.

wobblymike 19:35 22 Oct 2004

excruciatingly funny!! - anything more useful to add

Graham ® 19:50 22 Oct 2004

Sorry, Mike. I have been looking for you.

JonnyTub 19:55 22 Oct 2004

If there isn't an obvious disable/enable logo option in the bios, try enabling /disabling fastboot or something similar (skips memory tests, sorry i can't remember the correct terminology)

Graham ® 20:05 22 Oct 2004

Can you give the details of the OS you have installed? Retail version, OEM for instance?

wobblymike 20:52 22 Oct 2004

OS is Win XP oem, don't think this is a factor because when I bought the tower it was running ME with same thing happening - I suspect it is something the manufacturer has installed on the mobo firmware, I just don't know how to access it - thanks for trying.

JonnyTub 20:58 22 Oct 2004

what bios do you have and it's version number, the os is irrelevant

wobblymike 21:07 22 Oct 2004

JohnnyTub
System model is trigem computer e machines 100
BIOS is Phoenix Tech version 1.0201/09/2001

Dorsai 21:21 22 Oct 2004

Pc makers do this on purpose. They want everyone to know who made/built the PC.

To shift it, you will almost certianly have to update your BIOS, with a version that does not include a 'Flash' image/screen.

Mobo makers do it as PC makers/assemblers ask for it.

The seller wants to advertise 'this is one of ours', and the Mobo maker does it, as they are asked to.

I looked into upgradeing my Bios, and the Mobo maker gave two download options, one without a flash screen (of my choice) and one with out.

In the end i did neither, the problem was not bios related.

Dan the Confused 21:23 22 Oct 2004

Can only find click here Any use?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?