DVD problems with Macca DVD

benjamin99 20:38 05 May 2003

I bought Paul McCartney's Back in the World DVD to play on my 800MHz Time PC with Windows XP. The disc is not recognised - the error message says: Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not compatible with Windows.
However I have no problem playing any other DVD. Also the Macca DVD plays in my friend's PC.
What is possibly going wrong? I have a Mat*!@:a SR8585 DVD, which is three years old.

ton 21:06 05 May 2003

Could be copy protection as is now being used on come CD's. Hopefully someone might have more info.

ton 21:12 05 May 2003

Whoops, sorry, just re-read your post, it works on your friends PC. Got you back to the top of the page anyway!

i think your computer just has better taste than you.

Dr Lecter 00:16 06 May 2003

I got Macca last week , but does my PC like it ? - NO. So i put it into my Sony DVD/SACD deck and it worked straight away.I guess it is Macrovision again.

TOMMO01 00:51 06 May 2003

Hang on a minute. Is it DVD or DVD-AUDIO?

DVD-AUDIO would explain why it works on Dr Lectors Sony.

Also if your freind has a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 and XP with SP1 - their system will be capable of playing it - if you don't that would explain it.

benjamin99 23:46 06 May 2003

I have a Sound Blaster SB Live! card. The DVD was bought in Woolies. It is the concert film, not the music CD. Since the disc is not recognised I think it must be something to do with my DVD drive. As far as I know I have all the latest drivers. My DVD drive is set to region 2, as is the DVD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?