Downloading video from YouTube

DominicMarkovsky 20:28 13 Mar 2015

Bad health took me away from my computer for a year or so. Now, I forget how I used to download videos from YouTube but I certainly used to. Now, I can find several utilities that claim to do it but (q) they don't after all honor their claims; and (b) that was not how I used to do it anyway. I used to choose something from the Safari menu bar and the video would just arrive that way. What am I doing wrong now? AKA "how do I download a video from YouTube"?

Actually, I think I used to choose Window/Activity then choose the largest of the items in the displayed list but, when I tried that today, there was no megabyte-sized item in the displayed list and I'm pretty sure that is how I used to do it. Has something fundamentally changed?

Macworld 10:51 17 Mar 2015

We've got an article explaining how here: click here

doremon06 21:51 02 Jun 2015

You can also try this web-based tool getvideolink.com click here it's free and simple to use. No more plugin to install.

MelissaBaker 08:14 04 Jun 2015

Try this video downloader, it is free and simple to use. You just need to copy and paste the video URL to the download box. And you can get your YouTube video after downloading.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?