Do I Need To install ISP on both machines

No idea 19:42 22 Aug 2005

Hi Everyone,
Just a quickie I hope ,When you are sharing a internet connection does the ISP software have to be installed on both computers in a network? I am running AOL as the ISP on my host computer, should I be able to access my connection on the client computer just using Internet Explorer.My connection on the host is a broadband connection,on which I have to sign in with both user and password .Thats all folks

Forum Editor 21:49 22 Aug 2005

to a broadband connection that's it - you don't have to do the same thing again on another computer that's sharing the connection.

So the answer to your question is 'no'.

SAL50 15:15 23 Aug 2005

I have just decided to go wireless an also have AOL which router are you using please? Grateful of any advice.
Thanks

No idea 17:16 25 Aug 2005

first of all the forum editor is bang on,but because I have young children who will use the internet I contacted aol and they advised me that to keeep full aol protection to install on both and also there is a option to disable the Internet explorer so that they have to sign on with there own user names so cannot directly access IE. The router purchased from Ebay is a netgear 834 wired,aol give support on both this and the 834g if you have a problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires