damaged hard drive on macbook pro. Help please!

Corin-2261502 12:12 29 May 2017

Dear all, I have an old macbook pro which went into meltdown after doing an online flash questionnaire. Not sure if it overheated but fans were working overtime. It froze with fragmented imagery on the webpage and a kind of row of horizontal lines fixed to the cursor. I had to physically remove the battery to unfreeze it but then it started up with a blank white screen and just got hot again. I tried various resets, and now have booted it from system disc and run utility which found a disc error. I ran disc repair and it said it had repaired it but it hasn't! Still won't boot. Any ideas please?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)