Connecting my Macbook to my LCD!

welsh-dan 17:30 24 Oct 2008

I've got a macbook that I'd like to connect to my Philips LCD 32PF5321, however I'm having problems. I've been out to MAC and purchased a mini dvi to vga adapter but am now having real problems finding a cable that will accommodate the vga to LCD, as there doesn't seem to be a vga available on the LCD.
I'm stuck now and no one anywhere seems to be able to give me a straight answer! Is it possible, can I connect the mac to the LCD. If I can, how is it done? Please help!
In case you need the connections, please find below:
Connections for LCD Rear input connectors Component x 1, HDMI x 2, Audio (RCA) x 2, RF x 1, 21-pin SCART x 2. Front input connectors S-Video x 1, Composite x 1, Audio (RCA) x 1. Rear output connectors 21-pin SCART x 2. Headphone jack *Headphone Jack. Connections for macbook: Mac only offer the mini dvi to vga converter.
I've been to Maplin and bought a VGA male to VGA female in the hope my LCD has got VGA, but to no avail!

grey george 21:40 24 Oct 2008

There is some info click here

You may find more help from a specific mac site rather than a pc helproom.

ambra4 06:05 25 Oct 2008

Connect a Mac to an HDTV / LCD

click here

welsh-dan 10:36 25 Oct 2008

Thanks for your help anyway but I think it's just a case of changing the port adaptor with Mac. After some research I found that Mac does support S-Video and offers a mini-dvi to Vid adaptor for £15! I was under the impression from speaking with the sales girl in the Mac store yesterday that mac only offered/supported a mini-dvi to vga for the macbook! It looks like a trip back to the store and an exchange is needed!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des Légendes en ligne ?