Comodo Time Machine - FREE

Graphicool1 11:18 07 Jan 2010

Yes I've had my problems with Comodo Firewall. But I'm prepared to be a Comodo convert and give this a go. It's a little like 'Windows System Restore' but a whole lot better. Give it a go, you've got nothing to lose...
click here

audeal 12:23 07 Jan 2010

It looks good. Although it states windows 7 compatible, the dropdown window does not have it listed.

Unless I have missed it somewhere, I think I will give it a miss.

Graphicool1 12:32 07 Jan 2010

Comodo Time Machine – 32 bit:
Windows 7.0
Windows Vista
Windows XP SP3
Windows 2000 SP2
Windows Server 2003
20.1 MB Hard Disk Space

Comodo Time Machine – 64 bit:
Windows 7.0
Windows Vista
Windows XP
Windows Server 2003 SP2
20.1 MB Hard Disk Space
Price: 100% Free

audeal 12:36 07 Jan 2010

Graphicool1: I read all that, BUT it asks you to select your operating system in a dropdown window. When opneing this dropdown window, Windows 7 is not listed so I am unable to select my operating system. I am using windows 7 hp and also windows 7 Pro.

provider 2 12:39 07 Jan 2010

Stone me! Not another Comodo creation?

This will make the Comodo forums more dense than ever, and there are already rumours of hapless souls being lost in there for weeks.

With the Comodo firewall, I think I`m well on my way to martyrdom as it is, without even more bells and whistles ;-)

Graphicool1 12:51 07 Jan 2010

As you very well know I've been there myself and so I'm extremely impressed as to the way you hang on in there. So, how can you resist their latest offering? Obviously your strength of character and/or will isn't in doubt! So what is it making you side step this, Comodo's latest and 9preportedly) greatest offering?

provider 2 12:57 07 Jan 2010

Fear, naked trembling fear, nothing more.

I`ll wait until you give it a go, then see if I have a sudden and uncharacteristic resurgence of bottle ... Happy New Year to you, by the way.

Graphicool1 13:02 07 Jan 2010

Using my 'click here' link above, I went to their website.
Clicked on the red 'Free Download' button, at the top of the page, under 100% Free.
(There were 'NO' drop down questions asking me to select my OS)
I downloaded and am now installing!?

orsta 13:07 07 Jan 2010

I've been using this for a while, since Beta and RC days, and yes it is a great piece of kit to have on an PC. I for am therefore very happy with it, but there are a couple of niggles.

If you restore your system from a backup you can loose your CTM settings and it's boot record, whilst in beta i had to resort to using Boatrec to fix the MBR and then reinstalled CTM. Secondly there can be problems with disk defragging.

There is a video on you tube from languy99, which explains alot
click here

c

Graphicool1 14:01 07 Jan 2010

Thanks for the extra info and vid link.

rawprawn 14:10 07 Jan 2010

Marked for reference

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017