Cannot login. Screen lags crazily after update

Luviein 06:15 10 Mar 2017

I have recently updated my Mac book pro from version 8 to 10 and its Yosemite. After that it is impossible to login. The mouse is moving like 1 FPS. After I moved my mouse it lags horribly and after 10 seconds then it moves a little. I can't even login like this. I tried searching other forums But it doesn't help my situation.

Any forms of advice will be appteciated. I don't wanna bring it to Apple repair cos it's gonna be damn expensive.

Forum Editor 15:41 10 Mar 2017

Do you have anything connected to the USB port?

Does this happen on battery and on mains power?

Have you tried a wired mouse?

Luviein 15:47 10 Mar 2017

Hello,

I have my wireless mouse connected to the USB port only. I have the power source charged in. I dont have any sort of wired mouse in my household.

It works fine on my windows, it's just this mac update caused this whole annoyance. Any idea?

Forum Editor 17:29 10 Mar 2017

"Any idea?"

You can revert to MacOs 8, which would at least get you out of trouble. Lots of people have experienced your problem, and there are any number of possibilities, but you may just find it easier to revert until you have time to find a definitive fix - if one exists.

Take a look at this.

A wired mouse would probably be worth trying before you go any further - perhaps you can borrow one to try?

Luviein 06:14 11 Mar 2017

Is it to use time machine restore? I'm currently at it now and it's taking forever to find a backup?

Luviein 06:19 11 Mar 2017

It seems like I don't have a backup? What do I do now?

jessi451 21:47 11 Mar 2017

i think it's because of hardware not software !

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?