Bulldog customer can't get MAC from Pipex help

astra64 23:13 22 Sep 2008

I have had a Bulldog broadband for quite a few years without any problems even though I am a heavy user. Since Pipex has taken over, my connection has been very unstable, to the point where I had no connection for as long as two days.I have made in excess of 50 calls to Pipex customer support in two weeks without successful resolution. BTW I became disabled two years ago so my life now, really is online, in addition I am also on benefits. So I decided to switch providers.
On my first attempt to get MAC code I was placated with money off my bill and even better deal in October.
On my second attempt, I was told that I can not get a MAC code, in fact no ex bulldog customer can get a MAC code because the system they use is incompatible with anyone else. I have to transfer my line back to BT, gave me a number, did that.
It turns out I will be without broadband for at least a week and obviously I will be paying twice as much for a lesser service from BT. Surely this cannot be right.
Please help
Astra

spuds 00:31 23 Sep 2008

One of these might help
click here
click here
click here
click here

I would perhaps mention that Bulldog were taken over by Pipex, who were then taken over by Tiscali, who are now in re-negotiations for a buy-out with CarPhone Warehouse (Talk Talk).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?