Brother All in One Machines. Experience please!

Noels 11:43 15 Oct 2007

My wife and I both in our early 70's still do quite a bit of local charity work. We have a 20yr old, huge office size photo copier now on its last legs. Also a very old Panasonic Fax/phone also on its last legs and a fairly old HP scanner. We are thinking of replacing all three with one machine,fax,copier and scanner.At our local Staples it appears the the only make they stock that meets our requirements is a Brother, hence my request for your experiences of this make regarding reliability etc.
I must add that I use all day an Epson Stylus Photo R800 for all my photographic work.It is excellent and I have no need to replace it at the moment.
Comments about other makes of all in ones would also be welcome.
Regards
Noels

tullie 13:26 15 Oct 2007

I have a Brother MFC-5840CN scanner,copier,fax,printer.
I have no coplaints,though it is a little slow.Ink is cheap,you do need a littleroom though,it is about 16"X16"

Noels 13:44 15 Oct 2007

Thanks for that info. At 16"x16" its half the size of our commercial photo copier. If we get rid of that and the fax machine we will still save space.
One question please.
Can you scan/copy a page from a large book at least A4 size but probably not A3?
Regards
Noels

tullie 13:49 15 Oct 2007

A4 size no problem

Noels 14:47 15 Oct 2007

Again thanks for that info.After further research on the web and looking at other makes I am close to making up OUR minds!!
Regards
Noels

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?