an applet for the teacher

fatjacK 14:31 11 Nov 2004

I wonder if anyone there can help me?

I'm almost embarrassed to say I'm very attached to my scroller applet that sits on my homepage at the fun site click here. All the script requires is a “DJScroller.class” file, an archive “DJFiles.zip” file and a configuration “tengine.txt” loaded to the same directory as the calling html.

I'm now producing a site at click here for a friend and want to install the applet on the "relaxation CDs" page. Got it working nicely locally I then uploaded all the relevant files only to get the "load: class DJScroller not found" error when viewing live.

To test the html I uploaded the flynns page to the drink web to see if it would call the .class and .zip file that reside there. It did.

So I re-uploaded the applet files and tried again no go. I carefully checked filenames & cases, uploaded all to the root directory - no go. Tried to contact the author of the script but the link is dead - tried javaboutique (where I originally downloaded the script) - no help but I did download a fresh batch of files in case of corruption.

I have tried uploading in ASCII as well as (the recommended) binary.
I have tried allowing all permissions to the files.
I have tried changing the directory.
I have tried uploading the bare html script in case another page element was interfering with it.

I've spent 24 hours on a silly scroller that I don't even know that I want on the site - but you know what its like - just can’t stand defeat after all this effort.

Please help if you can, all suggestions gratefully received.

Bet it's something silly.

dez fowler 19:55 11 Nov 2004

What's wrong with the scroll bars the browser supplies?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?