apple, who the hell is John Lark

JWHT 18:28 25 Dec 2005

Hey all merry xmas, well today I at last got my hands on my much awaited 4gb nano, i opened the box and turned it over to inspect the engaving when i saw that it said "John Lark" and then some phone number opposed to what it should of said which was Jht. I even ordered this myself and they put a totally wrong engraving on! So I rang the guys number on the back and it was some guy from Kent who had also recieved a 4gb nano for xmas his also had the same engraving as mine. The apple website says:

"Please make sure that everything is spelled correctly as engraved iPods can't be returned."
-from iPod nano engraving page...

"Please note that Apple does not permit the return of or offer refunds for the following products:

Product that is custom configured to your specifications
Opened memory
Opened software*
Electronic software downloads
Personalized iPods
Software Up to Date Program Products (SW upgrades"
-Apple's Sales and Refunds Policy

surely I am entitled to a replacement as this is totally their fault, I am going to take to the apple store at the trafford centre tomorrow, I no longer want a engraving after what has happened, do you think they would be willing to replace it their for me?

GaT7 18:31 25 Dec 2005

Yes, this is clearly their mistake, but do you have documented proof that you asked for a Jht engraving & not "John Lark"? G

JWHT 18:41 25 Dec 2005

just the email confirming my order, its says what the engraving should of been on this, do you think the apple store will exchange the ipod there, because I have had problems with apples repair service and dispatch etc in the past and I don't really want to wait

realist 19:22 25 Dec 2005

If the thing has been wrongly engraved with someone else's name and phone number you obviously have a valid claim for a replacement from whoever you ordered it from.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?