Apple Store - Credit where it is due

jack 08:10 25 Jun 2009

In posts else where I relate me be taken with the demonstration of iPod Touch.
So much so I ordered one from Amazon as a Fathers Day treat to me.
Thursday last[18th] I ordered it.
Saturday [2oth] it arrived.
Showed great restraint in not tearing into it and carried on with household tasks
Then I played, and Sunday I played and Monday-
I killed it.
Oh my what to do?
I know- hop on the bus to Blue Water Apple store.
One of the techies took it from me and tried to breath life into it.
No Joy- so he made an appointment for me consult with the tech team- earliest appointment?
Wednesday 1700 hrs

Wednesday dawned
So orft I went to Blue water on the 16.30 bus to Blue Water

Looking at the crowds around the tech desk in the Apple Store- either I am in good company[ Folk breaking their toys] or these things [iPods of all types] break very easily.
When my turn came a personable you lady listened to my tale of woe,took up an Ophthalmoscope and peered down the USB hole plugged the device into a lappie and reloaded the firmware -job done.
The firmware loaded was a version 2 - so when I got home I upped it to v.3 and now we start over.

She said as I was about to take my leave - no worries- if you are in trouble again and it is the device - we will swap it out no question.
So no probs with Apple then.
If only some others wrere like this

tullie 08:42 25 Jun 2009

Why post the same topic twice

jack 09:20 25 Jun 2009

Not quite the same tullie
More over this version-more suited to this Forum.
Rather than chat about my misadventures.
Good to know like me you scan all the forums
Some folk don't.

dagnammit 11:54 25 Jun 2009

So you initially "killed" it during a firmware update?

They flashed the firmware to 2.0, you got it home and went to 3.0 and it's dead again. So they're replacing it?

Good job Apple. I suppose with their high prices that a decent Customer Service is to be expected.

I am Spartacus 12:01 25 Jun 2009

How did you manage to kill it? I explored all the settings on mine and didn't see a way to do it.

jack 13:30 25 Jun 2009

They flashed the firmware to 2.0, you got it home and went to 3.0 and it's dead again. So they're replacing it?

That is not what I said at all.

I am now ticking this item closed
folk seem to be reading what they want to see.

jack 13:34 25 Jun 2009

How did you manage to kill it? I explored all the settings on mine and didn't see a way to do it.

Well now I am glad for you -you have not found how to do do it- in case you try to test it to find out - then where will you be
But in the pokery - there was this big red 'Are you Really sure'and thinking 'Data' I said yes
But in reality it was the equivalent of a 'Reformat'

I am Spartacus 14:47 25 Jun 2009

I thought that just reconnecting to iTunes reloads the OS?

dagnammit 15:02 25 Jun 2009

That's why I put a question mark on the end...

First of you said you killed it and then later said.... "The firmware loaded was a version 2 - so when I got home I upped it to v.3 and now we start over."

I assumed from the start over comment and the next sentence that you were back to having a dead ipod and getting a replacement.

Never mind... enjoy your ipod! :D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?