Apple mac laptop spares and accessories

spuds 22:19 30 Dec 2010

I have a young neighbour who owns a twelve month (?) old Apple mac laptop, which requires a new charger. Having been to the local Apple store, they are asking £60.00 plus for the item he requires, which he hasn't got the funds for at the moment.

Having a look on eBay, there is one new product that might do, and we are waiting a reply from the seller if it would be suitable.

Not sure at the moment what the model number etc of the laptop is at the moment, but thought that someone might know a supplier of spares or clearance items for Apple mac laptops?.

john 52 22:37 30 Dec 2010

If the charger has gone faulty after 12 months I would go back to the apple shop and complain as products under the sale of goods act must be fit for purpose

click here

Apple are usually very good with regards customer service and suggests he has a word with the manager of the apple shop or sends an email to apple head office

john 52 22:39 30 Dec 2010
  rdave13 22:47 30 Dec 2010

Never knew Apple computers died. Well I never!!

Sorry spuds for the leg-pull :)

spuds 01:02 31 Dec 2010

Well just got the price down to either £47.73 or £58.54 depending on two different types and wattage, from Ebuyer.

spuds 10:40 31 Dec 2010

Think that I will put a resolved to this now. Early hours of the morning, did a bit of searching, and came up with a few gems, including getting the price down to £22.00 for a near new used, with warranty.

One thing that was noticeable, is the poor reviews for this possible type of charger.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?