Apple Ipod Nano problems

loopyloo 15:16 11 Mar 2008

I have come to connect the ipod to my computer ready to sync my ipod. I have opened itunes and my ipod does not show in the window. Also when looking at the ipod instead of it saying do not disconnect etc. it is playing music. It does not show up as a device connected in my computer nor does it show in the system tray as a device connected. Help would be most appreciated.

john bunyan 15:24 11 Mar 2008

Assuming you have the latest iTunes installed, it is obviously worth checking that your USB cable is connected properly. Also turn off the iPod before connecting it.if that doesnt work it may be worth trying holding down "shift" "Control" as you connect it without iTunes open and hopefully it will show in "My Computer" as a Drive.

loopyloo 15:57 11 Mar 2008

The above does not work. I think it might be the cable because I have tried to connect it to my other computer and the ssame things happens, but the ipod is charging using the cable connected to the computer, what I want to know is can it still charge but not actually work for anything else.

john bunyan 15:26 13 Mar 2008

Maybe - I think far more "pins" are involved with data than charging. Can only suggest you borrow a friend's cable to see if theirs works, in which case you will have to get a new one . (if still new, the shop should give it to you, otherwise you will have to buy it)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?