Apple iPod

Bingalau 14:51 07 Dec 2005

If I buy an Apple iPod, am I confined to only using iTunes when downloading music etc.? Bingalau

ade.h 15:27 07 Dec 2005

I think there are a few sites, mostly from the US, that sell AAC files now. I can't remember their names, though. See what a web search throws up.

ade.h 15:30 07 Dec 2005

I'm pretty certain that I saw them mentioned on The Gadget Show recently, but the site's links page changes weekly so they've gone.

Bingalau 15:30 08 Dec 2005

Thanks for help folks. I thought I had sent an answer to this thread but somehow I must have missed doing so...Perhaps I have posted it on another site by accident? Hope not, I don't want the FE after me. Is "iTunes" just confined to AAC files then? I must confess I need instruction in the difference in files. If anyone is inclined to tell me how they work can they keep it, like me, simple?
Bingalau..

bremner 16:27 08 Dec 2005

You can use mp3 in iTunes as well as AAC

Bingalau 17:06 08 Dec 2005

Great..Thanks for that folks... It was all I wanted to know...Bingalau

Kate B 12:43 09 Dec 2005

If you're talking about managing the iPod, no, you don't have to use iTunes. I like Xplay but there's Ephpod, too.

Bingalau 15:39 09 Dec 2005

Thanks for the comments ade.h; bremner and Kate B. All appreciated .. Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to all.. Bingalau

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone