Apple ipad 4 generation

watteneer 18:05 04 Oct 2013

Just been given ipad 4th generation Model A1458 how can I download pictures from my computer to ipad without using icloud I have usb connection with ipod have been trying to download without any luck Thanks to all

john bunyan 18:27 04 Oct 2013

watteneer

I assume you have I Tunes on your PC - if not install it.I also assume you have registered the iPad and if there are updates (such as IoS7.1) - let it update and do not turn off during updates. In I Tunes, Preferences, Devices, check the box "Prevent Ipads etc auto synching". Go to windows explorer, My Documents/ My Pictures (or wherever you store them. If you want the whole lot on the iPad, no need to go further. If only some, create a folder (call it iPad photos, or whatever you choose) then copy the photos you want to that folder. Back in iTunes with the iPad plugged in you go to photos tab, selected folder, and select either the whole of your photos or just the folder you created. Then Synch. (I assume you put music on in the same way?) The advantage is you can change the photos you want on the iPad by putting in or out new or old photos.Do the same with selected music or videos.

You could do it another way by treating the iPad as a separate drive and dragging and dropping, but iTunes is easier once set up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?