Apple imac is it ok

jade25 11:27 23 Jun 2008

I have seen the above computer at a good price at Moore's online. As l have always used windows l wanted to know is it hard to use it.
After getting vista as soon as it came out and still have no sound and still crashing and have tried everything l though it might be time to change to apple,
Jade

Quiet Life 16:07 23 Jun 2008

I bought one of the new imacs a few months ago. It was the thought of running Windows on a Mac that attracted me but it did not work out.
I bought 20inch 2,4 and it did not take long to realise the screen was very poor. Scrolling a grey band from top to bottom produced considerable colour variation which was also different from left to right. Scrolling with the mouse wheel produced an unacceptable flickering and when accessing PC Adviser site all the lines were momentarily black. It was only then I did a search on the many mac problems which exist-and they do!
The operating system is different but did not offer any significant advantages to me. I returned the machine on the basis of the poor screen and decided to stick with Windows XP. I had previously tried Vista but XP is a very solid stable performer now and I preferred it.
I am sure there are many satisfied mac owners but my short experience was not good.
There has been a big price reduction in imacs recently so it could well be a new model is coming soon. I believe that the 24inch screen has similar problems. These problems did not exhist on earlier models.

jade25 21:37 23 Jun 2008

Thank you so much for answering me, l am using a pc thats on vista and have still got problems like can't use my printer and no sound so don't want anynmore problems so i was really intrested as l normally just buy something without thinking but this time l am glad l did a bit of thinkng.
Even though l have all this with vista l wouldn't go back to XP as vista has a lot of stuff that is good for me but l will now be looking for another make,
Jade

jade25 21:38 23 Jun 2008

Forgot to say that l have a 24inch screen and thats fine,
Jade

powerless 01:09 24 Jun 2008

Are you near an Apple Store? click here

Go in there and take a look at the iMacs and see the screens yourself. I think the sreen problems have been resolved now and do remember that you can returm the unit if you're not happy.

One thing to bear in mind with the iMacs is that the screens are 'glossy' click here [view the vid.]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?