Apple Guarantee A BIG WARNING!

JimSimpson 08:47 25 Mar 2015

For info of all friends. Many of you were correct Apple is the worst for customer service! As you know I am a fan and have an iPod, iPad, iPhone, iMac and since last October Macbook air. The latter has almost from day 1 regularly experienced a desire to not come to life. Which can be extremely annoying and embarrassing. It occurred from week 3 of owning the machine then again almost very 3 wks. Most times it took hours on the phone to tech guys to sort then lastly a complete new logic board in the UK. Feb 15. (£300 cost to Apple) "You will have no more trouble Mr Simpson". Oh no! now 3 weeks later refuses to switch on. Being a loyal guy I think I will go to Apple Murcia, where I bought it, inform them it is not fit for purpose get a credit note and buy the next model up. Oh no, no chance. They refused point blank to give me any refund saying, "we cannot make an exception because you have lost confidence in the machine!" I explained that the tech guys had spent 3 occasions at least for hours remotely trying to fix it. They had the record of the new logic board but there is no way they would make refund. I await another repair though with no conviction the machine will be any better. So although their tech guys have remotely accessed the machine 4 times, the engineers have examined and replaced the entire logic board, they will still not authorise a refund! Even when it is obvious that the machine is not fit for purpose. Oh and guess what the guy in the store said, we reserve the right to repair it up to 5 times!! I will now slowly replace all my Apple products with non Apple, (great business sense Apple).

wee eddie 09:56 25 Mar 2015

I think that the expression is: "Biting off your nose to spite your face."

As you appear to be in Spain: I think it would make sense to check out the Spanish Law relating to the purchase of products, that turn out to be faulty, as the UK Laws will be no use to you but would not give them that much leeway.

Pine Man 13:01 25 Mar 2015

I will now slowly replace all my Apple products with non Apple

Then you will find out why you bought Apple in the first place!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?