AOL + Mac = Crash

roosterscriber 20:15 20 Mar 2004

I have an iMac with 160MB ram and 266 MHz. It's about 4 or 5 years old. I have Mac OS 9.2. Problem I'm having is that AOL craashes a lot. It either will suddenly quit entirely or freeze up and lose the connection. In the latter case I may be able to force quit or else I am forced to restart the computer. I have had this problem both with a dial up modem and now with a cable modem. It crashes like this sometimes when I web surf probably because it takes too much memory I guess. I have called AOL tech support until I know more about it then they do. I have trashed prefs till hell has frozen over but the problem doesn't go away. I have not upgraded my software because there is no upgrade for system 9. Any ideas?

niknax 20:53 20 Mar 2004

what version of aol are you using?

Nik

roosterscriber 21:10 20 Mar 2004

am using AOL 5.0 because with OS 9.2 you can't use a more updated version.

niknax 21:13 20 Mar 2004

yes just remembered that!! i'v only had my mac for 6 months driving me mad!! always had pc's. anyway sorry i can't help you on this one!! have you tried the click here i'm sure they will find a solution!!

Nik

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?