Anyone know how to open wash machine door

sunny staines 17:08 02 Dec 2007

our AEG Washing machine has stopped with an f9 error, which i think is the motor.

The problem how door i open a door of a dead wash machine to get the clothes out? any tips please.

I am Spartacus 17:10 02 Dec 2007

What model is it?

Perhaps try: open the filter door at bottom turn screw with coin, door should open. That's for a 1600 model though.

mrwoowoo 17:21 02 Dec 2007

AEG ERROR CODE F9
Found this on the net,hope it's revevant.

DOORS NOT OPENING
HOLD PREWASH AND SHORT WASH BUTTONS TOGETHER THEN TURN KNOB FROM OGG TO THE SHORT SPIN CYCLE POSITION..ALL THE LIGHTS LIT UP I TURNED MACHINE OFF THEN ON AGAIN VOILLA I AM NOW WASHING AT HOME AGAIN AS THE SITE SAID IT IS LIKE PUSHING THE CTRT-ALT-DEL BUTTON ON YOUR COMPUTER TO RESET
Also could unplud for 5mins,then retry,but i expect you have tried that.
good luck.

mrwoowoo 17:24 02 Dec 2007

Sorry ogg should read as off.

sunny staines 17:55 02 Dec 2007

sparacus
its AEG LAVAMAT 6955.
Unscrewed a plastic filter thing about a pint of smelly water came out. but still nothing working.

no electric lights at all now seems dead. took off the water "in" pipe and flooded the floor put it back but still no joy pipe now turned off by stop tap.

MR moowoo found the same site you must have tried those options nothing.

the wife needs the washing out but cannot seem find a way to open door?

sunny staines 18:05 02 Dec 2007

f.m.

nothing in the manual will try a card, thanks.

martjc 18:37 02 Dec 2007

...click here

Best of luck!

martjc 18:43 02 Dec 2007

...motor brushes worn.

click here

Sapins 18:44 02 Dec 2007

Our dishwasher would not work, the manual said press and hold the start button for 10 seconds or so to clear all the settings, worked a treat, just might work for you Washer?

sunny staines 19:00 02 Dec 2007

forum member tried the card option no joy on that one.

martjc would not have a clue how to find the brushes or replace them. the machine is getting i am considering temp renting unless i can get this one going. main aim to get the door open still.

sapins afraid no joy on that option.

please keep the advice coming in re getting the door to open not too keen on using a hammer.

dfh 19:07 02 Dec 2007

Go to their web site download the manual and it will show you how on either page 29 or 30 depending on which model you have, it would appear to involve a coin or small screwdriver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone