Apple has issued updates its music production software for pros (Logic Pro) and amateurs looking for something more than what GarageBand can offer (the now discontinued, Logic Express).
Both updates take the software to version 9.1.7 and are available via the Mac App Store in the case of Logic Pro and Software Update for Logic Express. Apple discontinued the boxed versions, and unified Logic Pro and Express in one package for £139.99 back in December 2011. (More below...)
The updates include 12 different bug fixes, with more detailed information about the update's available from Apple's KnowledgeBase entry.
- Offers compatibility with songs created with GarageBand for iOS 1.2.
- Resolves an issue in Logic Pro 9.1.6 in which projects with a large number of fades displayed "I/O Error, Result code = -36" when playback was started.
- Improves performance when using multiple instances of EXS24 in 32-bit mode with EXS24 Virtual Memory mode active.
- Resolves issues related to the download and installation of basic and additional content. (According to Apple's notes, this is the Pro update only)
- Resolves an issue that could occur which caused the application to stop responding when performing Undo. This would occur after deleting a file or region in the Audio Bin.
- Fixes a problem with the Compressor plug-in so it works as expected with the "ClassA_R" and "ClassA_U" models.
- Fixes an issue in which the Autofilter plug-in might produce clicks with certain settings.
- Fixes an issue with the "Select Zone of Last Played Key" setting in the EXS24 editor.
- When adding Auxes as additional outputs for Multi Output Software Instruments, the additional Auxes are automatically assigned the same color and track icon as the Software Instrument.
- Fixes an issue in which copying a MIDI region in a project which does not start at 1 1 1 1, and in which the Transposition track is active, might result in unexpected transposition of the copied region.
- The Controls View of plug-in GUIs now fit properly on the 11in MacBook Air display.
- Resolves an issue in OS X 10.7.x Lion that caused the Consolidate Project command in Logic to open a backup of the project at the end of the process.