Alongside new MacBooks, an iOS 6 preview, and a Mountain Lion ship date, Apple also issued a minor update to iTunes on Monday.
iTunes 10.6.3 (for some reason Apple skipped over 10.6.2 in its updating) offers a number of bug fixes:
- Addresses a problem where iTunes may become unresponsive when syncing a first-generation iPad that contains an iBooks textbook
- Fixes a problem where photos synced to a device may appear in an unexpected order
- Resolves an issue where iTunes may unexpectedly delete playlists created on a device
- Fixes issues where iTunes may unexpectedly delete apps on a device
- Improves overall performance and reliability
iTunes 10.6.3 is also required for developers running the iOS 6 beta also released on Monday.
When this story was published, the iTunes update wasn't showing up in Software Update, but is available on Apple's iTunes download page.