According to data from TCS SocialSoccer, a new application developed by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Indonesia ranked 3rd (12%) and Malaysia ranked 12th (3%) in terms of the number of tweets about the World Cup.
UK (16%) and US (14%) are on top of the list.
Among the players, Neymar (601,919 tweets) got the most traction on Twitter globally followed by Messi (340, 937 tweets) and Van Persie (62,355 tweets).
TCS SocialSoccer aggregates real-time analysis of all matches from based on Twitter data, tracking sentiment and key talking points from pundits, footballers and fans from across the globe.
Key features of the app include:
- Pre- and post-match analysis of all games during the 2014 FIFA World Cup
- Real-time analytics of Twitter buzz and trends during matches
- The ability to follow your favourite teams and get up-to-date stats on the app's home screen
- Location-based sentiment analysis - find out which geographies teams & players are getting their support from
- Compare online conversations around every team and player
- Schedules, scores and key moments of every game