PDF Shaper is an easy-to-use collection of PDF processing tools. It's able to extract images and text, convert images to and from PDF, sign, encrypt and decrypt documents, rotate pages, split and merge files, and more.
PDF Shaper is very simple to use. Specify one or more files to convert, give it a destination file or folder, click Convert - and that's it. All you then have to do is watch the status window as it reports conversion progress (and you won't even be doing that for long, as the program is fairly quick).
Since the v8 release, PDF Shaper has been split into three editions. The Free version, available here, has the majority of the features most home users would need. The Premium edition, available for $19.95, includes the ability to add/remove watermarks from a PDF, convert Word (.doc/.docx) documents to PDF and protect PDFs. The Professional version, available for $29.95, includes an external PDF viewer, OCR support and a commercial licence.
What's new in 8 (see changelog for more info)?
- Introduced Premium Edition.
- Added "Icons" theme (set as default).
- Added OCR (optical character recognition) support.
- New tool to protect content of PDF document.
- Added option to merge files without loading (direct access).
- Added option to load and merge selected pages.
- Added option to delete last pages in document.
- Added Slovenian translation.
PDF Shaper delivered mixed results for us. Some of the simpler tools - rotate, split, merge - worked just fine, but complex documents weren't always converted correctly. Still, you might be luckier, and even if you're not, there's enough functionality here to justify the download.