File synchronisation is incredibly useful. If you are creating a web site, it makes it easy to ensure that the latest version of files are uploaded, and synchronisation can also be used to create backups of important files.
GoodSync can be used in synchronisation or backup mode, making it a versatile tool. Files can be synchronised with or backed up to other folders, separate drives, removable media, networked computers or online servers.
Used in two-way synchronisation mode, GoodSync makes it easy to keep files in sync in two locations - as soon as files are created, edited or deleted, the change will be reflected in the connected location. Used in one-way backup mode, GoodSync provides a means of safeguarding your files.
But it does not end there. GoodSync can also be used to synchronise data between applications. There are a number of supported programs, including RoboForm, Outlook, QuickBooks and Windows Mail. The program is easy to set up and the synchronisation is fast and reliable, helping to give you peace of mind.
Note that there is a Pro version available.
What's new in 10.6 (see full changelog for more)?
GSTP: Implemented One Time Passwords (OTP) and Client DeviceId.
* GSTP: You can turn on OTP in https://www.goodsync.com/gs-connect/user-account
* GSTP: Prefer Emails as UserIds, they are also used in One Time Password auth.
* When OTP is On, you will receive Email with OTP every time you use a new Device.
GoodSync client will request One Time Password sent in Email.
* GSTP: OTP is requested when doing GoodSync Connect Setup and Browse dialog.
* GSTP: Each client/server now sends DeviceId, ComputerId, and Device Description.
* GSTP: Both email and old-style GS Connect UserId may be used to authenticate.
* GSTP: New Account Form: Add ReCaptcha to filter out robots.
* Official Forwarders: use Forwarder IP name, not IP address, to please security.
* Official Forwarders: use port 443, not 80 for SSL comms, to please security.
* Receiver: Fix incorrect reporting of connections to Official forwarders.
* OTP + gs-server: allow OTP in /set-admin=user_id:password[/otp-value]:sys_user:[sys_pass]
* OTP + gsync: allow OTP in new command line options /can-otpN=yes, /otpN=string.
* Cleanup Logs: Avoid recursive cycling via symlinks, by limiting number of folder levels to 50.
* GSTP progress: show progress when is being added to at the tail.
* Enterprise Policies: fix non-enforcement of NoAutoUpdate policy.
* Runner Setup: If Runner Service user and this Windows user differ, issue warning.
* Runner: Change gs-server settings on a cue from CC only if Runner is elevated.
* Azure: fix space and # encoding issues that could cause Not Found for files and folders.
* Google Drive: Fix Not Found error, that usually occurs on lock.gsl.
A solid and reliable synchronisation tool which doubles as a backup program.