MadVR is a powerful, configurable DirectShow video renderer, designed to deliver the best possible video playback quality.
The package's 32-bit processing and high-quality scaling and sharpening algorithms ensure great results, even at high resolutions and frame rates.
This only works with compatible media players. As we write, this is the official list:
· DVB Dream
· Emby Theater
· JRiver MediaCenter
· Kodi DSPlayer
· Zoom Player
Setup takes a little work. You'll need to download madVR and unzip it somewhere safe (you can't delete the folder later); run Install.bat as an administrator; run madHcCtrl.exe to access your settings; and choose madVR as the video renderer in your media player (in MPC-HC, View > Options > Playback > Output > DirectShow Video).
But once that's out of the way, madVR will be used for all playback, and you can start trying out its various processing, scaling and rendering options.
Version 0.92.4 brings (Changelog)
* fixed: HDR metadata transport didn't always work with AMD GPUs
* fixed: potential crash issue introduced in v0.92.0
* fixed: possible rendering slowdown issue introduced in v0.92.2
* fixed: custom mode warning windows sometimes appeared in background
* added logging to help find why custom mode measurements aren't recorded
* screenshotting now uses NGU High instead of Very High
* screenshotting now has a 5 second timeout instead of 2 seconds
* slightly modified user interface for Nvidia custom mode creation
A powerful and highly configurable video renderer which delivers very high quality results. But beware, it can take a while to find the best settings for your system.