Adobe Premiere Elements is a capable, versatile video editor which makes it easy to enhance your movies with a host of professional effects.
A new Organizer helps you keep track of your source videos, for instance. A new editing environment can be switched between "Quick" and "Expert", depending on the level of your expertise. And new video effects can, say, give your movie the look of an old movie in a couple of clicks.
You also get high quality and very configurable fast and slow motion effects.
It's easy to share your finished work at Vimeo, as well as YouTube and Facebook.
And there's very little work for you to do, because the program handles most tasks itself. It can analyze your footage to find the best clips, for instance; automatically fix shaky camera work, colour and lighting issues; and add a soundtrack which automatically syncs with your scenes and then adjusts its length to precisely match your movie.
You don't have to give up control completely, of course. If you don't like Premiere's "Smart Fix" video adjustment technology, say, you can manually tweak colour, brightness, contrast, exposure, temperature, tint and so on.
For the most part, though, this simply isn't necessary as Adobe Premiere Elements generally does a great job of enhancing your movies all on its own. And this all helps make the program an ideal choice for anyone who wants plenty of video editing power, but without the usual complexity you find in most of the competition.
What's new in v2018 (see release notes for more)?
- Candid Moments. Effortlessly extract candid photos!
- Smart Trim. Automatically trim the bad and keep the good!
- Create a freeze frame with a motion title guided edit. Make the moments in your video stand out!
- Create Bounce Back Effect guided edit. Create fun bounce-back effects!
- Fix action cam footage guided edit. Fix lens distortions in your action cam footage!
- Create an animated social post guided edit. Create a short visual story and share on social media!
- Project-specific online presets?
Adobe Premiere Elements comes with plenty of useful effects and options, yet remains very easy to use with a high degree of automation. This really is a video editor anyone can use.