ACDSee Photo Studio is a versatile graphics application to help organise, search, enhance and edit your digital photos.
Management tools enable you to browse your folders, view images, or search for others by name or whatever metadata tags you need.
The ability to rate, tag and colour-code pictures makes it even easier to find them again later. And there's quick map-based geocoding for your images, too.
The core viewer is much smarter than in similar software. There's an Auto EQ feature to optimise exposure, Magnifying Glass and Navigator tools to zoom in on fine detail, Auto Lens View shows previews of the image with various filters applied, and the image metadata and histogram are always on hand.
ACDSee doesn't claim to be a full-featured image editor, but it still has an impressive feature set. There are the core flip, crop and resize tools, automatic exposure management, smart noise reduction, lighting and colour corrections.
The program has a strong set of filters, 50+ special effects, and you can customise how they're applied with assorted brushes and selection tools.
Images may be saved as individual files, slideshows, videos, HTML albums and more, and uploaded to flickr, SmugMug, Facebook, or ACDSee's own custom cloud storage service.
Photos Mode enables quick browsing of your photo collection, organising it by year, month or day.
ACDSee now imports your Lightroom database in just a few clicks, while integrating your OneDrive folder for speedy access to cloud images.
There's also 4K monitor support, improved white balance editing and a revamped colour picker.
What's new in v21 (see the release notes for information)?
- ACDSee Mobile Sync: wirelessly and instantly send photos and videos directly to ACDSee Photo Studio from your mobile device.
- Keyboard Shortcuts: optimize your workflow with predefined and customizable hot keys.
- Improved Import: avoid uploading the same photos repeatedly with an import tool that remembers your previously imported photos.
- Digital Asset Management improvement: Keywords and Categories on their own respective panes allows for proper space to manage growing hierarchies.
- ACDSee Photo Studio now comes pre-loaded with over 100 new borders and textures.
- Upload to Facebook in the background.
A complex interface means ACDSee Photo Manager takes a while to learn, but this is time well spent - it's a very powerful program, packed with useful management and photo-sharing features.